The outsourcing of logistic services seems a natural step in today’s business environment where specialization and concentration on core competencies are part of most companies’ strategy. However, many enterprises don’t exploit their full potential because they are afraid of the risks that come with outsourcing projects.
Barkawi Management Consultants have accompanied many outsourcing projects on behalf of outsourcing companies as well as on behalf of service providers. Within these projects Barkawi has identified the success factors of outsourcing such as good preparation, communication, exit strategies and controlling of service providers.
- Determination of outsourcing scope and optimal degree of vertical integration
- Development of “outsourceable” processes
- Conduction of tender-procedures
- Evaluation of service providers
- Development of invoicing-models
- Definition of SLAs and KPIs to measure performance
- Support of contract negotiations
- Support during implementation
- Change management