The quality of distribution logistics has a direct impact on customer satisfaction, making it a top priority for companies across industries. As a result, distribution activities are often a key driver of overall logistics cost. Constant refinement and improvement is essential for creating an efficient Supply Chain.
Optimizing Quality of Service
Barkawi Management Consultants support companies in optimizing quality of service and efficiency of their distribution activities. Main optimization levers are a flexible and efficient distribution network, lean warehousing, an optimal balance between outsourced and in-house logistics activities as well as effective management of logistics service providers.
- Distribution network design
- Make-or-buy decisions in transport and warehousing
- Tender management
- Selection and management of logistics service providers
- Planning of warehouse layout and processes
- Warehouse quality and efficiency audits
- Lean in-house logistics
- Green logistics / Carbon footprint optimization
- Selection of IT tools for warehouse and transport management